Declined [All-Trade 3 Ban Appeal]: STEAM_0:1:65333364 (Lokal)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Lokal, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokal

Lokal Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Lokal

Your SteamID 64
    STEAM_0:1:65333364

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    I actually don't know why I was banned. I was saying the word "******" though and I think that might of been why. What I don't understand is why I wasn't banned right there and then, but banned around an hour to 40 minutes after. I was outside red spawn as heavy, minding my own business and getting along when I'm banned permanently for no reason. I deeply apologize for saying the word "******" and I do hope that I can come back to the server! Thank you for reading.

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    I'll change my behaviour and act more mature and respectful.

2. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @Lokal

You were permanently for repeated use of the n word and other slurs. Racism isn't ever allowed in our servers. It's not appropriate or funny in any way. Also do note that when you first join the server, you have to agree to a set of rules in order to play on our servers. Furthermore, the rules are in each of the spawnrooms. Not only that, we routinely check chat logs for any rule breaking, as well as have players report rule-breakers. You used the racial terms and were punished for it.

http://stats.harpoongaming.com/player_histories/chat/99839

Care to explain?

3. Lokal

Lokal Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The guy's the name was "I'm not retarded I'm just special" or something along those lines. I was also never warned, it was a straight up ban. I don't see how that's fair? If I'm doing something wrong, point it out.

4. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    In this instance, you weren't warned because when we reviewed the chatlogs for rule-breakers, we noticed that you have used those terms in very many times, and we warning someone for racism is something we do when they say somethihg lighjtly racist or something bordering something racist. You, on the other hand, knew it was against the rules, and did it anyway by going to the extreme length of insulting AND being racism towards fellow users? With that being said, a permanent ban isn't a harsh ban for the level of insults and racism you use(d).

Harpoon Gaming is often known as a community in which many people can call their home, as well as a safe, and fun community to be in. We take care of our everyone here, staff or user, and this also includes enforcing rules and reducing the number of problematic users. I'm sorry you feel as if racism is ok, but here or anywhere else, especially in the real world (work, school, out in public), it especially never is. Let this be a lesson to get rid of the racial mentality, and to think before saying things or doing actions.

Appeal denied. Thanks for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice