Accepted [All-Trade 3 Ban Appeal]: 76561198181925323 (Jim)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Jim, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim

Jim Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Jim

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    Racism

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    I don't play on your servers very often and when I do its with my friends HellaSaint and TinTin. I probably at some point used a few inappropriate words but I never directly targeted any specific players with harmful meaning. Furthermore the ban was administered yesterday (February 6th 2017) which I don't understand as I haven't played your servers at all recently (a few days I believe). I should be unbanned because my language shouldn't warrant a perma ban, it should have been maybe a month or more of comm block so I can make sure not to make the same mistakes again. Finally I apologize for my behavior and would be grateful to have my ban removed, I would take no issue with a comm block as I do deserve it. Thanks for taking the time to read my appeal.

2. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @Jim

Racism, even as a joke, isn't allowed in our servers. Racism is NOT a joke, and is not appropriate or funny in any way. When you first join the server, you have to agree to a set of rules in order to play on our servers. Furthermore, the rules are in each of the spawnrooms. You used the terms, and even if you consider it to be "not racist" and a "joke", you used them.

3. Jim

Jim Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Sparky I realize and understand this which is why I was so quick to come appeal and apologize for my actions. This is also why I ask that the ban become an extended comm block as the issue pertained to comms specifically. Again I would be grateful if the ban could at the very least not be permanent.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I banned you permanently for repeated use of the n word in conversation, your usage was less severe than the other bans I gave out yesterday. If you're willing to avoid using such language in the future, I'll downgrade your ban.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jim

Jim Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I completely agree to no longer use obscene language in chat. Thank you for being kind enough to down size the ban.

6. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I have unbanned you, please be more mindful in the future.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice