Accepted [All-Trade 3 Ban Appeal]: 76561198166855771 (⎛⎝Thy God⎠⎞ ♰)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Thy God, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Thy God

Thy God Scarcely Active
    Staff Member Junior Admin All-Trade Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    ⎛⎝Thy God⎠⎞ ♰

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    This happened almost 2 years ago maybe more now. Only appealed now, bit late but what happened was. I was on All-Trade 3 one day and there were people on the server who were intentionally trying to crash the server using the Mannrobics taunt by having multiple people do it in one group which eventually caused the server to crash and they did it multiple times. I had no part of this at all on the day this happened, I was minding my own business doing my trading and boom, I as perma-banned along with other people as well who had no part of this event either. People were just perma-banned for no reason

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    My appeal should be granted because I had never done a single thing wrong. I was trading on the server, then came across about 3 other people whose intentions ere to crash the server which they succeeded in, but as I stated, I did not ever have any participation in it whatsoever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The crash was related to TF2 taunts, any taunt if continuously done would crash the server.

Your chat logs from the day in question include:
    Which was during a series of other individuals discussing how to crash the server.

I banned 15 people that day for attempting to crash / crashing / encouraging people to crash the server.

Just to clarify, they are:
    will the server crash if everyone does the mannrobics?
    everyone do the mannrobics
    FUNNY, ISN'T IT
    DO IT
    hahaha
    connection errors
    omg
    hahaha
    omg it kicked me out
    Newpro
    RadicalBalloonicorn
    BlindSide
    Kevin
    Drink some milk
    Dr.Frosty
    Bonqueefius
    Derpy Whale
    WhiteShark
    WE MANAGED TO CRASH THE SERVER
    wtf
    WE DID IT
    Moop
    EVERYONE GO SNIPER AND STAY IN THE HIGH FIVE POSITION
    Moop? EVERYONE GO SNIPER AND STAY IN THE HIGH FIVE POSITION
    JoshFggt
    Mr. Moop

For the ones without included logs, they actually ended up trying to do it in front of me and spoke over voice chat. There is a thread that is only visible to staff in which I have included evidence for them, and I honestly don't feel like finding it atm.

I did not ban anyone without reason. I then granted the appeals of 10 of the people I banned on the condition that they not do so again. I will grant your appeal, obviously just don't do it again.

As a small note, I have no problem granting appeals for past rule breaking, I realize people make mistakes and/or do dumb things. Also, it's been two years, I was imagine you've matured or at least grown over the last few years. But please know that I take Harpoon bans pretty seriously, I try my best to avoid bans where I've overreacted, or used poor judgment. I don't ban people for no reason.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice