Accepted [All-Trade 3 Ban Appeal]: 76561198142116395 (Osvaldatore)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Osvaldatore, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osvaldatore

Osvaldatore Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Osvaldatore

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    (The reason stated in the ban is Admin and player disrespect, but claiming that I didn't disrespect a player at the moment of the ban, the admin that blocked me found my expression disrespecting.)

I have a particular mind about TF2, because I think that when you want to duel someone, both opponents must be fair to each other. If the duel isn't fair, I start to getting frustrated for some time, but then I calm down. But, when I'm in this state, except for claiming how unfair the other guy is (like stating how much unfair an ubered Sniper can be), I keep the insults and disrespecting stuff for me because this is a game, not the real life. If I say something like "nub" or "stupid" I never do that seriously (in fact I use emoticons to state that I'm joking, or I say it after).

By the way, let's get into the ban day. I was dueling against an other Sniper in my BLU base, and it was going all normally, but after some time other (enemy) Snipers joined the duelist and started to kill me everytime, I couldn't even get outta the spawn or peek from the rooftop that there were already 4 of them aiming at me. This, as always, triggered me, and I started to say how much unfair the others were and etcetera, basically I was complaining. This admin joined the chat and, in a provocative (I find it provocative) way, told me something that I don't remember correctly, and after I discussed a bit with him, I said "why are you talking to me". I didn't find this phrase disrespecting, and I was going to say in response to my phrase that I meant that his opinion was appreciated but not necessary (I was writing), when in that moment he said "here comes the banhammer" and soonly after, I got permabanned. That admin also said, when I joined the server that day, that "the banhammer is ready to be thrown" or something like that.

I immediately tried to add the admin that blocked me but I found out that he blocked me on Steam too, so I called some other admins that I have as friends and some people telling them to call me an online admin, because I found it applied randomly, and after a hour or two the admin that banned me unblocked me (on Steam) and added me. Being as gentle as I can, I asked the ban reason and he said that "I insulted him and another user" and we discussed for some time. He kept claiming that I was being disrespectful and I kept telling him that I will never find whatever I said disrespecting, and how someone else would too. After some time of talking, he asked me for some excuses about what I've done and, even if I told him that I was excusing for nothing, I made my excuses. He then said "the ban will remain, goodbye" and blocked me again on Steam.

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    I want to make my sincerely excuses if the thing I said can be disrespecting, but I thought that wasn't, I mean, I'd never get angry if someone says this to me, plus I was going to say the thing above about the admin's opinion, but I couldn't say it in time. I already got banned for the same reason for two weeks and I wanted to appeal (for the same reason too) because I said that "I will never pay keys to use tryharding cheats" (a donator Demoman was spawncamping by flying and spamming grenades in our base), but I found two weeks a very little time so I forgot about that.

But this time, I don't find a permanent ban for saying an equivocal phrase fair. I'd say again that I don't find this phrase disrespectful or offensive in any kind of form, because I may have a particular way to express myself when talking that can may be mistaken (I promise to talk in an easier way from now to my death), but if it is, I want to excuse me again. But, is really a permaban necessary? Ok that I got a previous ban (that I found useless too, because I don't think calling someone a tryhard is disrespecting), but I discussed with another administrator about this thing and he said that was exaggerated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Osvaldatore, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  2. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Previously known as THE REAPER
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +120 / 9
    Hello @Osvaldatore

Your Server appeal is now under review.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @Osvaldatore

After deliberating and discussion, we decided to decline this appeal. We feel as if behaviour in which you've shown towards the server and towards our staff members in the past is not applicable. While having your own personal opinions is something we should all have, going as far as talking about staff members behind their backs and berating them isn't okay.

Thanks for understanding.

4. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    After careful deliberation of the previous ruling, we have decided to unban you.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice