Downgraded [All-Trade 3 Ban Appeal]: 76561198105852237 (Pbyte)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Pbyte, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pbyte

Pbyte Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Pbyte

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    I was banned officially for "Intentionally Crashing Servers".
    In other words for joining in a taunt.

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    To be honest I'm not saying that I didnt "help" crash the server at that moment i got kicked out for a sec but was able to join again.
    At that time however I had no idea that tounts could crash servers as I mostly played on valve servers and just got into trading a month or something before.
    I am not exactly apealing that I was banned but to the length. As I hope you see that a permanent ban is a bit harsh for a first strike and a unknowing player. I really enjoyed the server as it was nicely regulated, no cheaters and actually trading people in a nice community. I hope to join this community once more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    During the time of you joining in on mass spamming a taunt, you were told via voice and chat that it would cause the server to crash, your responses to these warnings were the following:
    I find it difficult to believe that you didn't know what you were doing in this instance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pbyte

Pbyte Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thank you for the quick responce, I know it has been a long time since the incident.

The messages stated above do sound like things I would have said giving the situation.
    I would even believe it if someone at the moment would have warned me of some sort of a ban.
    At the time however my curiosity got the better of me, therefor I joined in the taunt without thining it might result in a big problem for the server.
    I didn't have any knowlidge prior to the event of people getting banned from the server for any reason related to this one.
    However, there was no regard for the safety of the server in my actions and I believe that punichment was indeed due.

I hereby offer you my sincere apologies about crashing your server, and anyone affected by the incedent.
    It was a place I spend a lot of time when I was not in class and I should have payed more regards to it's safety.
    At the time prior to the event, I met quite a lot of my current friends and trade contacts via your server.
    The people were really nice and the contact went smooth.
    If I was given a second chance I would truely better my act in regards to the rules and health of the server and once more become a active member of your community.

Sincerely yours,
    Pbyte.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I have downgraded your ban, please avoid any such behavior in the future, or the ban will be reenacted.

5. Pbyte

Pbyte Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Wow I truely can't thank you enough.
    I will not disappoint you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice