Addressed [All-Trade 3 Ban Appeal]: 76561198090822133 (halfwaysleet)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by halfwaysleet, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    halfwaysleet

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    I was trading over the mic, and I got muted without a warning. When I asked why I got muted, the admin told me it was because he heard music over the mic while I was talking. I was unaware that they could hear what I was hearing (I have a gaming headset and at the time I was wearing it over one side of my ear, I guess that's why the music could be heard). I asked him if he could un-mute me, but he ignored me. After a while I left the game to join my friend in another server, when I came back and tried asking one more time for him to reconsider the mute, I was banned.

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    I think Harpoon should grant my appeal due to the fact that I wasn't aware of the music playing in the background, and that I didn't mean to evade the mute. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

2. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @halfwaysleet

Your ban is only for one day, but let me point out a couple things. Talking on the mic can be both about trading and general discussion, but talking over others when they're advertising, and ignoring any warning which is given to you shows that you need to be more aware of what's going on the server. Sounds being played through your mic from your headset may very well happen, so I recommend you looking that over, but these points are just general, what I am concerned about is your attempts at circumventing mutes. You were noted to have rejoined multiple times after being muted, and whether it was to "join a friend's game" and then come back later, certain instances like that may look like mute evasion.

All in all, please be more careful when using your mic on the servers. This goes especially when others are using the mic to trade.

I'll let the ban expire. Thanks for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice