Declined [All-Trade 3 Ban Appeal]: 76561198073478010 (Bonzo, the Artist)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Bonzo the Artist, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonzo the Artist

Bonzo the Artist Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Bonzo, the Artist

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    I have no idea. I haven't played TF2 in weeks and as far as I recall, the last time I was there, I was simply trading items and I left. I've started playing again now, though.

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    I enjoy All-Trade 3 an immense amount. It's extremely fun, it has many friendly people, and I can't recall doing anything wrong. I think this is a wrongful ban, with no reason stated when I attempt to join, and this ban should be removed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @Bonzo the Artist ,

Your appeal is under review.

The reason why you were banned is because you were using racist remarks, which Harpoon does not approve and has rules against. Care explaining why you used them?

3. Bonzo the Artist

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I can't recall using racist remarks. In a blind rage I maybe might have, out of pure anger at someone or something, but I can't remember at all. If it doesn't bother you, could you please attach a chat log to your next post? It might help me to understand this situation better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    You did indeed use racial remarks, especially using the N word multiple times (and at one point, calling someone a curry N word).

I find this highly inappropriate and very disappointing. When you join the Harpoon servers for the first time, you are greeted with a prompt that states the rules, and you have to agree to it to be on our servers. That plus the signs at spawn list the rules. Claiming 'blind rage' to cause you to use racial remarks also is unacceptable.

5. Bonzo the Artist

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I remember now, alright, I did use racist remarks, but I regret it very much. I get frustrated extremely easily (I'm not making excuses pal) and I, albeit not an alt-right follower or racist, will forget myself and start cursing people who agitate or irritate me with the intent of annoying someone to the point of leaving. But there is no excuse for my behavior, and I'm extremely sorry that this situation has had to surface. I normally never get as angry so as to use the most racial of racial slurs over and over, and I'm extremely sorry. I do hope you can forgive me, and I shall see to it that I follow the rules and, most certainly, never get as agitated as I was at this situation's time or use racial slurs. I enjoy the server an immense amount and I, for the third time, am extremely sorry and hope that I am able to rejoin the community within Harpoon All-Trade 3.

#5 Bonzo the Artist, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  6. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Previously known as THE REAPER
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +120 / 9
    Hello @Bonzo the Artist,

As you may know we are extremely against anything that has to do with any racist remarks at any kind. We do not think using racial slurs is an excuse of blind rage especially if you have used it multiple times.

Appeal Declined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice