Declined [All-Trade 2 Ban Appeal]: 76561198104096158 (Zuraah)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Zuraah, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuraah

Zuraah Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Zuraah

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 2

Why were you banned?
    Zuraah's Unban Appeal
    Relevant ban explanation
    I was banned permanently from All-Trade 2 for aimbotting on Friday 25 February. First of all I’d like to explain the details of why I was banned. I joined the server in attempt to understand whether the community needed help and whether it was worth applying. I went onto another account of mine and proceeded to join with aimbot enabled and timed how long it would take until enforcement came (the longer the time, the more the need to apply). I understand that this may have been the wrong thing to do since this is indeed rule breaking after all and this is not what I wanted to be known for, I wanted to become the enforcer. Eventually an admin came into the game and I asked for him to speak but no reply was given so I could not have explained myself before I was banned (this was around 20 minutes after the aimbotting took place).*

I would really appreciate your doing if there was anyway I could make up for this and get unbanned, my intentions were not to harm the players on the server or waste admins time even though I now realise that I have caused that to happen. I apologise formally to anyone this may have affected. I am active on the trade servers and it really sets me down knowing I am not welcome there anymore. I sincerely promise that this will not happen again.

Irrelevant resume
    *Afterwards I then logged into my main account and tried to connect onto the server in attempt to have a conversation with who had banned my account but I did not expect the ban to travel through every account I log into. I tried to contact him through Steam messaging but my invite was declined and my message via Discord was ignored.

Extra Information
    The acount that was banned was called maciek.p1
    The ID64 is 76561198368569806

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    Field added in previous text box

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout Violent Crime Analyst
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    @Zuraah - You didn't care if you got your account banned and you also mentioned how it was funny that no staff member took action against you after some time. You continued to cheat furthermore, breaking the rules and annoying other players purposely for a test while saying comments such as "get good, get lmaobox."

Our staff don't always respond to the !calladmin reports right away, but we try our best and we do what we can. It is especially disappointing that you were considering applying for staff at Harpoon and thinking what you were doing was fine and was the best for Harpoon. Moreover, you thought that you can do all of this, purposely getting players to report you, to have staff come on and to cheat and advertise the hack, then come on your main account as if nothing happened.

I certainly don't want players who are going to break the rules on their "secret" accounts then come back onto their main account acting innocent in our community. Avoiding consequences for rule breaking is something we take action against as well, as that was your plan before noticing that your main account was affected by the ban too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Zuraah

Zuraah Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you may have misinterpreted some of my points so I'd like to explain further:
    I would like to first add that that is true I did not care about that account getting banned because that was my test. The account was meant to get banned for the reason I first explained.
    Yes I did, I didn't realise the time-span it would take before the account was banned. I also found it quite cynical that it took so long since if an aimbotter indeed stayed on the server for that duration of time it could cause mass amounts of people to leave the server. The humour I found was quite ironic rather than sinister.
    I have to disagree with this statement completely. I did not continue to cheat once I knew someone in the server had called an admin because I'd have no need to. I'm not sure if "breaking the rules" is implying I was breaking other rules also, but if it was I again disagree. I also massively disagree with annoying other players. I was not annoying any players, the only players I may have "annoyed" was due to the 5-6 minute aimbot and nothing more.

Other things such as me advertising the hack I don't find true since I deliberately turned the "chat spam" option off. Finally, the point in this appeal was not to have a "split personality" on steam accounts at all. I care for this community, but because of one mistake I made I am forbidden from caring at all. I would not have spent a proportion of my time discussing and creating my appeal if I was just simply a felon of this community. As I said, I didn't want to have this tag on me at all.

4. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @Zuraah

After a long deliberation regarding your ban, we have ultimately and unfortunately decided to decline your appeal. Your actions which you've performed towards Harpoon is unacceptable and unprofessional. Even if your intentions were in the right place, cheating on an alt account and as well as using racial and derogetory terms show the opposite of what you're trying to bring to light. If you have legitmate concerns about Harpoon, then you should voice them through proper channels (E.G: Forum threads) than risking your mains and alt accounts and feel around the servers.

Thank you for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice