Downgraded [All-Trade 2 Ban Appeal]: 76561198055188457 (coolh02)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by coolh02, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolh02

coolh02 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    coolh02

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 2

Why were you banned?
    'Racism'

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    http://harpoongaming.com/bans/index...rch=STEAM_0:1:47461364&advType=steamid&Submit
    I have no idea why I was banned though, as I'm pretty sure I wasn't even on at that time, and I'd never say anything racist D:
    I'd at least like an explanation as to why I was banned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @coolh02

You were indeed banned for using racial remarks, specifically the N word. As you might or might not know, Harpoon has rules against racist and generally unwanted behaviour, and you were punished for doing so.

3. coolh02

coolh02 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know for a fact that I have never said 'N*****' in the harpoon servers.
    ..??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Please explain these chatlogs.
    http://stats.harpoongaming.com/player_histories/chat/479577 (page 2)
    [​IMG]

Might I also add that lying on appeals while there is evidence that shows you did it isn't advisable.

5. coolh02

coolh02 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    You are responsible for your own account. Anything which is done on your account which you claim to be not you is your responsibility. Might I also add in the Steam Subscriber Agreement (http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/ ), your account and security is your responsibility
    ---------------------------------
    C. Your Account

When you complete Steam’s registration process, you create a Steam account ("Account"). Your Account may also include billing information you provide to Valve for the purchase of Subscriptions, Content and Services and any physical merchandise offered for purchase through Steam (“Hardware”). You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by Valve. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your login and password and for the security of your computer system. Valve is not responsible for the use of your password and Account or for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your login name and password by you, by any person to whom you may have intentionally or by negligence disclosed your login and/or password in violation of this confidentiality provision, or by any other person who fraudulently used your login and password without your permission. If you believe that the confidentiality of your login and/or password may have been compromised, you must notify Valve via the support form (https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php) without any delay.

Your Account, including any information pertaining to it (e.g.: contact information, billing information, Account history and Subscriptions, etc.), is strictly personal. You may therefore not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account, nor may you sell, charge others for the right to use, or transfer any Subscriptions other than if and as expressly permitted by this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use) or as otherwise specifically permitted by Valve.

7. coolh02

coolh02 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sorry for what my brother did, and I'd be grateful if I'd be unbanned.
    I have not broke any rules personally, and I intend to not break any in the future.
    I will prevent this from happening again.

#7 coolh02, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  8. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I personally find the "my brother did it" defenses usually false, and made up on the spot. I am willing to downgrade your ban, but I expect that you do not do anything of the sort in the future, otherwise, the ban will be reenacted.

9. coolh02

coolh02 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, it really was my brother but I can't prove it so I won't bother trying, I have been playing harpoon for a while without problem, and I'll be more careful and make sure nothing like this happens again :D

EDIT:
    Just a few small details/questions

If that chat log was from 18th January, why was I banned in February?

Also notice the time skip from the racist messages to the ones where I started selling my unusual, I was AFK or sleeping and must've forgot to lock my computer and my brother must've come in and started saying that.

Not trying to argue with you, as I appreciate that you're letting me back on to the server at all, just pointing out a few things.

#9 coolh02, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  10. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    We routinely review the logs from the past few weeks for rule breaking, and ban the users we find in violation of the rules.

That doesn't necessarily guarantee it is a different person, also, regardless, it is your account and you are held responsible.

Regardless, your ban is now reduced to one day, and therefore expired. I'll leave this thread open for a day or two, in case you want to address my answers to your questions.

11. coolh02

coolh02 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I understand, I'll be more careful next time

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You replied as I was editing my comment, please read it, as I added in the note about your ban.

13. coolh02

coolh02 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, thanks :D
    I promise it won't happen again, feel free to lock the thread now :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice