TF2 A TF2 Rant Post

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Taser, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    So the TF2 team posted a blog post on the TF2 site acknowledging some of the feedback and intended fixes for Meet Your Match. As an avid fan of TF2, I greatly appreciate that the TF2 team are taking on board the feedback of players from the Meet Your Match update. However, the notes do not appear to mention something that I think probably 90% of players would like back - Quick Play. I understand that casual matchmaking is meant to replace it, but I feel that I speak for the vast majority of other players, including YouTubers such as Muselk who has made a video on this subject, when I say that we want Quick Play back. We do not necessarily want casual matchmaking removed, but we do want the option to choose. If we were to be forced to pick between the two, we would rather have Quick Play. Hopefully, they take this on board, as the removal of Quick Play has also removed my, and many others', interest in playing TF2 again, which is a shame as it was a good game.

On a different note, what is with the Righteous Bison? For years, there has been a hint saying that the penetrating shots can be used to hit multiple targets, and when it was patched, they called it a bug. If there was a hint about it, then surely it was not a bug? If it was a bug, people liked it better before they fixed it. And on the note of balance changes (or bug fixes as they call them) does whoever is in charge of rebalancing weapons actually play the game? There have been times when players have wanted weapons nerfed and they have been buffed, and times when players have wanted weapons buffed and they have been nerfed.

Both of these issues prove that the TF2 development team do not take as much feedback on board from players as they and/or anyone else might think they do. Obviously, a minority of the feedback is going to be nonsense, but when a vast majority of the players want a feature back or say a weapon is broken and then they completely ignore them and don't put the feature back or buff the broken weapon, it shows a complete disregard towards the TF2 fans and creates a lack of faith in the development team. I really want to like TF2 as much as I used to again, but until they actually start listening to the fans instead of hearing only what they want to, it will be difficult for me, and many others, to do so and to actually want to play the game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Taser, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. NotoriousRebel7474

NotoriousRebel7474 Forum-Clearing

Ratings:
    +80 / 8
    It would be nice to get pubs back in which many players loved instead of trying to force casual upon us.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. B4L

B4L Touhou Fanatic
    Donator

Ratings:
    +96 / 10
    They should add pubs back. As I don't like the idea of waiting sometime to join a server just to either get rolled or for the whole enemy team to just leave. I would honestly prefer if they just added two tabs instead of casual. They should add Casual ASWELL as Community Server Which act like quickplay. So community servers actually get a chance to get bigger instead of being small because most people go and play casual instead of going on community servers. If valve actually listened to us. Which in a way, they are. They would add this feature in, but they see that casual is fairly popular so they wont. This means that valve might need to get more servers just incase all community servers go away and its just trade/jump/prop hunt/ff2/or at some points Slender Fortress.

There have been some weapons that were in need of a buff such as the sun of the stick. At a point that weapon was noted as. "The most useless weapon in tf2", Then they nerfed the Eureka Effect. Which Didn't need it, Valve seeing there mistake then buffed it and actually made it a good weapon. It took them years to see the mistakes and then fixed them in this recent update.

I see you didn't mention anything about the Heavy Vs. Pyro thing. Which in my eyes I saw pretty dumb, as they are going to be adding new things just for that one character and I think valve noticed. But Pyro recently got a new taunt while Heavy? Didn't get anything, I don't think valve knew that there were way more Pyro mains then Heavy mains. So Pyro is most certainly going to win. Unless Heavy can pull 6% out of no where. Which it doesn't look like it will. Why couldn't valve do what they did in Spy VS. Sniper and add in stuff for both of them at the same time? Why do we need to vote on which one we want? We didn't need to do this for Spy VS. Sniper? Where they both got stuff and were given both new weapons. Same thing goes with Demo VS. Soldier, But there was a competition and both of them got new stuff in the end. Do you think Valve might do the same for Pyro VS. Heavy? I surely don't...

#3 B4L, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  4. BirdE

BirdE Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I miss quickplay

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    • Have Competitive
    • Have Casual
    • Have Quick Play which adds you into Community servers and you get to filter what kind
    Done

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    I half agree on the community servers thing. The issue is that not all community servers are good. Some (by which I mean a minority, but even so) have ridiculous plugins and/or abusive admins etc. Quick Play needs to be vanilla, as it was before.

The weapon I was specifically thinking of was the Loch 'N Load. A couple of Christmases back, it was broken, and then they buffed it. Also, the Pyro buffs recently. Pyro is strong already. Making him able to interrupt Medi Gun healing is fucking stupid.

I didn't mention the Heavy VS Pyro thing because I am not bothered by it. Personally, I think they could have made a bigger deal out of it, like the Demoman VS Soldier WAR!! update (which Demoman should have won, but that's an entirely different story). If I have anything to say about it, it is simply that I am disappointed that it has taken a back seat to Meet Your Match, which has done nothing but disappoint.

#6 Taser, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  7. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I mean in my opinion it's a healthy balance between killing all community servers and killing all quickplay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    See, a Quick Play with community servers where you can filter what kind you go to (and by what kind I mean have the option of not being sent to one with
    I hadn't actually seen your post when I said what I said. A filter wouldn't be so bad.

9. BirdE

BirdE Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ^ I agree

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice