how great is your perception

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Adrian, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Adrian

Adrian Potato Lover.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +71 / 6
    http://i.imgur.com/12LBa2V.jpg

Ok so this image is of a dress. I don't know what the color is but if you see gold and white. your perception is terrible. do you see gold and white?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Adrian

Adrian Potato Lover.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +71 / 6
    The actual color is blue and black

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    The white part seems like a light blue to me, but the other part is still goldish-brown.

4. CHILLSTEP

CHILLSTEP A person who loves green and chillstep.
    Donator

Ratings:
    +60 / 3
    Its blue and black. Where did you get white and gold!?!? o_O

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
  6. CHILLSTEP

CHILLSTEP A person who loves green and chillstep.
    Donator

Ratings:
    +60 / 3
    It's kinda weird. People see it differently because if the setting on your device your using, the lighting on the room your in, and the way your brain and eyes are trying to figure out what it is.

7. Adrian

Adrian Potato Lover.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +71 / 6
  8. Flamy27

Flamy27 Truly Active

Ratings:
    +15 / 1
    Ok just to prevent people from gouging their eyes out. The color of the dress is Blue and Black. But, in people's eyes they have cone and rod cells they interpret colors. And because of this the reflection of light from the photo will determine what your brain interprets. So if you see white and gold your brain actually sees white and gold. I did this a couple of times at school, I looked in different rooms and different angles; that is what effects it. So in the final conclusion, its your brain and was it interprets due to the reflection of light. So try it out!

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    I see Black and Blue in some lights, White and Gold in others. Wow, optical illusion dress!

10. Microline

Microline Your Regular Skype Technician

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I see a dress containing blue and black. That women might be white. Also the sunshine is a bit yellowish... So my perception works better than I thought. This concludes that I see all colors in one picture. GG

11. TheSmile

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Go for it bud, in fact i'll get you started ;)
    images.jpg

12. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    There's a creepy pasta for that.

13. Adrian

Adrian Potato Lover.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +71 / 6
    Rip

14. Obama gon feed my chalt

Obama gon feed my chalt Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Has nothing to do with perception, I see white and gold while it is black and blue, perception is sensing things without seeing them. This has to do with the way light hits you retina , and how reactive the cones are in the back of your retina. Obviously you don't know anything about the human eyes. Receptive Cones!

Also I didn't realise flamy responded with exactly what I was trying to say.

15. Adrian

Adrian Potato Lover.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +71 / 6
    I was told that it was on perception. so I just went with it. please do not judge me for not knowing.

16. TheSmile

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    images.jpg
    Judging...

17. Adrian

Adrian Potato Lover.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +71 / 6
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice