Application Accepted Nebras's Forums Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Nebrassy, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebrassy

Nebrassy Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Steamrep Profile Block
    | steamname: Nebrassy
    | steam3ID: [U:1:185622830]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:92811415
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145888558
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nebrassy
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198145888558

Which server(s) do you wish to apply to be staff of?
    Forums

What position are you applying for?

How much time do you have in our servers?
    approximately 20 hours

Please list your schedule of when you would be on the servers, include day, time, and timezone
    Tue-Thu 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM UTC

How old are you?

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes but I don't use it much

Tell us why you should be a staff member
    Hey
    I'm here applying for staff to help with scam reports and possibly appeals
    I see no option for that so I ticked forum/moderator (Charlie told me to do that)
    my name is Nebras, I live in Syria, I've been on Steam since 2014 (knew about it and understood most of it much earlier, just didn't have a reason to make an account)
    I've been active for a while on Harpoon servers, mostly AllTrade, but I'm more interested in reports/appeals, I'm not the most experienced in this regard, but I think I can help.
    I don't trade much as I don't have the time to invest into it, I just trade for stuff I like
    I encountered many scammers through the communities I've been active on, helped many people avoid scams and report scammers, I want to help spreading awareness about scams to all Steam users and teach them how to avoid scammers.

my past admin experience probably isn't worth mentioning, but here it is anyway
    been an admin on a couple of now closed forums like gamer-forums.com and betaspark.uk
    administrated many facebook pages (some related to gaming, some not), and the largest community I moderated was the Syrian Hardcore Gamers facebook group, a community of 23k+ members

#1 Nebrassy, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. PieMoose

PieMoose Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 2
    +0 Never have seen you, But I hope the best for you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skython

Skython Word-Spattered
    Donator

Ratings:
    +33 / 21
    +0 I'm with moose, haven't noticed you in the forums.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    -1. Have never seen you. 20 hours server time seems very little.

5. Skython

Skython Word-Spattered
    Donator

Ratings:
    +33 / 21
    He is applying for forum staff I believe, so I'm not sure if server time applies?

6. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    If Nebras had more time on the server more regulars who use the forum would know him though. Just my 2 cents.

7. Skython

Skython Word-Spattered
    Donator

Ratings:
    +33 / 21
    Fair Point.

8. jacobhd404040

jacobhd404040 Forum-Clearing
    Staff Member Advisor

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    -1 You applied for forums staff but this is your only post on the forums. Perhaps become more active on the forums and I may change my opinion. Your application looks nice and I admire your willingness to learn.

9. Nebrassy

Nebrassy Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks all for your comments, I understand your concerns
    it is true that I should've been more active here, and that's a thing I will definitely try to do, however, I'm applying to directly help with reports/appeals, wouldn't mind doing forum moderation, but that's not the goal of this application (as explained, I only ticked forum/moderator because there's no "trade staff" option)

In this regard, most of my experience came from lurking around SteamRep and its different partner communities, SR staff helped me improve a lot, however I believe I have reached a point where I can't gain more experience on my own without close guidance from the more experienced people in the community

#9 Nebrassy, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  10. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    They are called trade moderators/administrators, I believe.

11. Clorox

Clorox Forum Annihilator
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +64 / 9
    +0 haven't seen you around on servers. What time do you usually get on?
    Also I suggest being more active on the forums before applying for a forum staff position.

12. Risa

Risa Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +0 I've been on HG servers a lot lately and i haven't seen you. 20 hours isn't that much.

13. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

⇋AustinHimself⇌ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    +0 I've seen you before on the forums and on servers occasionally, but you could use a boost to your activity on both.

14. Nebrassy

Nebrassy Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    thank you all for your comments, I'm not usually active on the servers, and I don't play the game all that much these days for many reasons, I am however trying to be more active on the forums and on discord

it is trade staff but it's the same anyway, however there isn't an option to create an application for trade staff, that's why I chose forum/moderator after asking Eoj Charlie

15. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I am curious, you're interested in forum and reports staff here at Harpoon. I've noticed that you were rather new when you applied. It has been a little more than a month since you applied, and you have essentially no posts on the entirety of the forum, minus your staff app. Do you intend to be active on our forum?

16. Nebrassy

Nebrassy Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm mostly interested in trading, reports and appeals, and helping in anything trade related, I haven't been active here as I didn't really find something to say, although I read all posts on the forum, have been like this for quite a while actually, long before I applied for staff.
    I'm mostly active on Discord, and I will try to be more active on the forum.

17. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Marking this as Deferred for the time being as @Nimajin is going to discuss this over with you.

18. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Accepted. Welcome to staff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice